Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
5 Ways to Increase the Impact of your Research!
Increase the impact of your research by:
1. Publishing in high impact journals
2. Collaborating with other researchers
3. Ensuring your research is easily identifiable
4. Increasing the visibility of your research outputs
5. Communicating & promoting your research
Research Support at IT Carlow Library
IT Carlow Library supports researchers in many different ways, including via the provision of quality research materials including books, e-journals and databases. In addition, there are a number of librarians that can help support your research including the Lifelong Learning & Research Services Librarian, the Deputy Librarian and the Liaison Librarians.
Services the Library provides include:
- Providing training and support on bibliometrics including journal impact measures, h-index and altmetrics
- Providing support on measuring your research impact and tracking your citations
- Advising on how to increase the visibility of your research and maximise the impact of your research
- Advising on open access publishing including funding agency policies
- Advising on author/publisher copyright permissions regarding open access publishing
- Providing training and support on the use of IT Carlow's Institutional Repository
The Library regularly run Research Workshops for academic staff, research postgraduates and other researchers on topics such as:
- Effective searching
- How to maximise your research impact
- Research data management
- Choosing a suitable journal for your paper
Please check back later for dates of upcoming workshops.
Lifelong Learning & Research Services Librarian