The Ebook Central platform provides a personal bookshelf/account facility which can be used to store Ebook Central books for future use.
The account is accessible as soon as the IT Carlow network username/password have been used to log in – this may be to an individual Ebook Central title via the library catalogue, through using the option in the Ebook Central home page while on-campus, or through logging in to Ebook Central from off-campus.
Once logged in, the personal Ebook Central account can be viewed by using the Settings option:
Selecting Profile will display the account details:
The following settings can be amended:
Email – to set an email address to which any content from Ebook Central can be sent.
Default Citation Style
Note that the Email/Username setting is an anonymised network login display, and that there is a prompt to accept the Ebook Central terms and conditions.
Use the button to make amendments.
The option displays all bookshelves associated with a particular ITC network login – by default a bookshelf called Research is created. Other bookshelves can be created as required using the button.
The bookshelf displays recent and current activity in addition to showing all bookshelves:
The right-hand side of the bookshelf display offers a set of options:
these can be used for a variety of tasks:
- creates a permanent URL link to the bookshelf which can then be copied and pasted.
- enables a copy of the bookshelf contents to be emailed.
- exports the bookshelf contents as a .csv file.
- exports the contents of the bookshelf in a selected citation style.
- opens a selected book from the bookshelf for reading online.
- opens the table of contents for a selected book from the bookshelf.
- exports a selected book from the bookshelf in a selected citation style.
A further submenu of options for selected books is also available:
More information on using the bookshelf can be found at: https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/itcarlow/readerSupportHelp.action or https://support.proquest.com/#articledetail?id=kA11W000000kA0NSAU.